Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Blue Broccoli

 Every second of every day the-
 final hour draws near the-
 vows we took will be broken-
 and I feel as if nothing, nothing-
 can be done except let it happen.

No more notes on the fridge-
No more messages on the mirror-
I was happy, it was only me-
So blinded by love I never did see-
the curb straight ahead.

Sign the papers on the line-
Check the box,envelope-
two hundred dollars and-
we're both free to roam-
free to explore-
free to find a new place and-
become St. James bored.

Pour my heart out into a pint-
Uncle Arthur always cheers I
up with a wise crack or a an
offbeat joke about the state of
religious political brainwashing,
religious political brainwashing.

Penny in the air about to drop.
Hot the clock make it stop.
nothing i can do just stand by.
Sign the line a bit of me is going to die.

As

long

as

she's

happy

that's

all

that's

all

that's

all



all


all

that



mat-
ters

©2016 Abdul Batin Bey

No comments:

Post a Comment