Sunday, July 10, 2016

Bare Feet on Rug

The second my
Bare feet touch the rug
A stillness overcomes my
otherwise normal senses
I'm no longer in
normal ticking time
In a pocket universe
everything ceases except
the beating of my heart

My mind reaches
for the right words
With every movement
I become elevated
Climbing the Jacob's ladder
through the onion layers
Until my essence is all that is
naked before the Creator

Every star burst inside
unity fills me
My body continues to move
through waves of eternity
One with All
One with All
complete At-one-ment
Why can't I stay
in this moment forever?

The last words
spill out of my lips
Gradually feather like
I descend back to
mundane reality
Brief sadness holds me
giving way to rejoicing
Clear washed soul
nothing can deter my path
Feelings gone but
the memory spurs me on

Soon my bare feet
will be back on the rug
Feelings gone
the memory, the memory
the memory spurs me on

©2016 Abdul Batin Bey

No comments:

Post a Comment