Sunday, August 7, 2016

Birth to Death Cycle

I open my eyes
Arabic flowing in the air
Above the sounds of nature and technology
I wash
I get prepared
Lay down the carpet
Waiting for last double words
None is deity except Allah
Fajr starts
After a brief moment
It ends

The Day is set
Clock is ticking
Towards the next prayer
I go about my day to day
Chatting, buying, selling,
Losing track of time until
Arabic flows in the air again
Above the sounds of nature and technology
Just like that my time has ended
I prepare
Lay down the Carpet
Asr starts
A brief moment
It ends

Feeling renewed
The Clock is ticking
Towards the next prayer
Towards my Death
I ask myself
Am I prepared
Because when the final call comes
I wont be able to resume
If my prayers sneak up on me
Though I know the set times
How much quicker
Will death come without warning

All our clocks are ticking
Throughout the day we are born
We die
over and over
Sleeping and waking is symbolic
Of our birth and demise

We tune it out
Think nothing of it
Just go about our day to day
Subconsciously knowing
Our time is ticking down

I would write more
But Arabic is flowing in the air
It's time for me to die
To be reborn
Maghrib has come
I must get ready
God willing I'll be back

©2016 Abdul Batin Bey

No comments:

Post a Comment