Saturday, May 14, 2016

Jazz Journey

Black cat, white shoes
Over the under I found my blues
Behind the alley
Deep down in the sewer of your love
I WAS MYSELF
NOW I’M only some one else
Deaths marching band is playing my tune
Negro sax player while some honkey crunes

A sudden hush settles the city
swooshing cars lull me to sleep
Blue dots fill the spaces that do not existyet they appear
Yet they appear

Don’t cry lady liberty you still have achance
To escape your prostitution to thecooperate world

Tomorrow’s children don’t even know that they’rebought and sold
No future unless your of the chosen few

Settle down pirate girl
You can have your wicked way with me
On your knees, if you only ever please
On clouds that burst forth golden coins
Chocolate dradles
Hurting valentines, cherry wines
Unleashes the smurf in me

Romany tango
Come solo
Heroine in my veins
Tobacco filling my lungs
Marijuana on my brain
Some girls’ pretty face going down for thethrill
I don’t even know her name
I’ll never know her game…name…lame

Is our lord pleased with our current frameof disease?
Our superior mind is inferior to all theanimals I know
Ramble I know
Beatniks seem to tell me so
Earth covered in snow
Sixty forth in a long line
Going no place soon
Checking out the cracks in the walls
Back in 1927 I was a man
Only 1,800 years old
My soul was that of a trillionare
The blues were rampant
Jazz filled the coffee halls
Charles Nimbus on bass
Ray Charles would rip me off in 1952
Don’t let the sun catch you crying
Don’t forget those white brits would rip meoff as well
In a round about way

Head resting on the table
Jail waiting for me
Just got busted at some old ladies door
Don’t even remember who I am no more

Tears fall on the pavement
No one cares
The sun is now setting behind those oldtrees
And I’m left high to wonder what’s next forme

Bright lights spin me out
Knock me down
Only jah can help me now
Bright lights knock me out
As I get pushed into the back seat
Still full of soul
Laughing at myself
How can this happen to me
Mr.Andews singing on the street corner
As I get taking away in New York rhythm tomy cell

Try wrapping your mind around a citadel
Boston cares not for that
But California loves that escape
So do I

Even when you’re a lone
I’ll still be there with you
In spirit as they say
Feel my presence
KNOW I am there
Know I am there

If my mother could see me now
In love with a woman that doesn’t know me
Kist calls me mate 1892
The more she watches me shower
The more she has me raped by those crimelovers
The more I need her

She gives me the look of love
Once a week
With a twinkle in her eye
She sets me lose out in space
Just when I reach three galaxies
My smile leaves my face
When I think
If only my mother could see me now

No one can see me now
I’m invisible
Left to die
Left to cry
Never to try
The things that set beyond my own reach
A prisoner of being insecure
My faults are many because I’m a human
And humans are the most dizzied beasts everto roam this world
Turn away
Turn away I must
Only I can set my soul free
Black cat
White shoes
Only one more place to fly


Words: Copyright Abdul Batin Bey 2016
Picture: Copyright Church of John Coltrane 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment